Ganja la pass trek brings you to the Langtang Valley surrounded by Himalayan Peaks. Langtang Lirung-7240m and Ganesh Himal are the highest in the region. Trek up to Kyanjingompa and excursion to Tshergo Ri would acclimatize you well for further trek to Ganja La pass. The treks then turn straight south into the valley of Helambu via the Ganja La pass which is more exciting and challenging as well.
Ganja La Pass Trekking - 12 Days
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking, Culture Tours
Transport: As Itinerary
Food: All Meals Included during the Trekking
Group Size: 1 +
Max Elevation: 5033m
Type of Trek: Teahouse
Mode of travel: Land
Best Month: September/October, March/April
Day 1Drive to Syabru Bensi - 1,450m (1,90Km, approx. 7 hr drive by jeep).
Day 2Trek to Lama Hotel - 2,410m (6 hrs).
Day 3Trek to Langtang village - 3,300m (6-7 hr).
Day 4Trek to Kyanjin Gompa - 3,750 m (3 hr).
Day 5Excursion to Tsergo Ri - 5,033m and back to Kyanjin Gompa (7 to 8 hrs).
Day 6Explore around Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 7Trek to Ganja La phedi - 4,300m (6-7 hr).
Day 8Trek to Keldang - 4,250m crossing over Ganja La pass-5,122m (6-7 hr).
Day 9Trek to Yak Kharka - 4,000m (5-6 hr).
Day 10Trek to Tarkeghyang - 2,530m (5-6 hr).
Day 11Trek to Sermathang - 2,550m (3-4 hr).
Day 12Trek ends at Melamchi pulbazaar (4-5 hr) than drive to Kathmandu.
Day 13International departure or go for onward program.
- Airport transfers - Pick up and drop.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu city as per your interest and budget.
- Land Transfer Kathmandu- Dhunche & Melamchi-Kathmandu by private bus.
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Langtang National Park entrance permit fee.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) pass.
- International Airfare.
- Personal equipment including sleeping bag, (you can rent them in Kathmandu on very reasonable cost).
- Kathmandu airport departure tax.
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverage, donation, tips etc.
If your holiday is longer then your interested program or fascinating to add other short activities you could add these activities on your program:
- Chitwan National Park Tour
- Bungee Jump
- Mountain flight
- Ultra Light Flight
- Mountain Biking
- River Rafting
If above itinerary isn't suitable for you & wish to modify feel free to let us know, we'll be happy to create a TAILOR MADE ITINERARY especially for you.
Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub believe in the quality services. Our main concern is the safety and the well being of our groups. Our entire trips are running by qualified who are full time employee of our company. They are well trained and certified by Government. We believe in the best services and make sure to you that we never compromise on your comfort and safety. Further more we request you to put more questions on your planning phase of adventure journey with Green Valley Nepal Treks.