Buddhist pilgrimage tour in the plain south of the first foothill of the Churia range lays Lumbini, birthplace of Gautama Buddha. Lumbini is a sacred place for Buddhists from all over the world, standing on an equal footing with holy places sacred to other world religions. A veteran Asian traveler and author of several books writes, 'As millions of Christians look to Jerusalem for inspiration, as millions of Muslims turn to Mecca, so do three hundred million Buddhists see in the Himalayan country of Nepal, a pillar left by the great Emperor Ashoka to mark the site where Buddha was born.’
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Trip Difficulty: Easy
Group Size: 01 - 10 pax
Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 2Sightseeing tour of Swoyambhunath stupa and Patan Durbar square.In Patan we show you Hiranya Varna Mahavihar, Mahabouddha temple and other Buddhist sites.
Day 3Visit Bouddhanath stupa and stay overnight in Dhulikhel.
Day 4Hike or drive to Namobuddha stupa, overnight in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 5Fly to Lumbini, Buddha's birthplace.Visit Lumbini garden, Mayadevi temple, and other archeological sites.
Day 6Drive for Pokhara, overnight in hotel in Pokhara.
Day 7Relax and enjoy the serenity of beautiful lake city of Pokhara.Visit Sarangkot mountain view point in the morning, boating in the lake in the afternoon and enjoy little hike to World Peace Stupa.
Day 8Fly to Kathmandu. Free time for walking around and shopping, specially Buddhist religious objects of Nepal and Tibet.
Day 9Fly back home.
- All surface transfers as per Itinerary.
- Domestic airfare and Airport tax.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara in twin sharing , BB basis.
- Fooding (3 meals a day ) and lodging for the clients in trek days.
- Necessary permit and national park fees.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Single suppliment charges (if required.).
- Departure tax from Kathmandu ($24 approx).
- Personal equipments and clothing.
- International airfare and your insurances.
- Cold drinks and beverages.
- Personal expenses and tips to the crew.
Green Valley Nepal Treks and Research Hub believe in the quality services. Our main concern is the safety and the well being of our groups. Our entire trips are running by qualified who are full time employee of our company. They are well trained and certified by Government. We believe in the best services and make sure to you that we never compromise on your comfort and safety. Further more we request you to put more questions on your planning phase of adventure journey with Green Valley Nepal Treks.